I've seen the 5 Makeup Products I’d Pick in a Pinch tag on a few of my friends' blogs and thought it would be fun to do! I've been under the weather lately so doing this tag is a great way for me to shake off the mental rust and get back in the blogging game.
Originally, I ended up with 7 products so I narrowed it down to 5 by dropping two of my favorite makeup products: eyeshadow and concealer. Gasp! I decided to focus more on a bolder lip look since it adds more impact with fewer products. It's a look I've been loving lately as a general time-saving practice on chilly winter mornings when my cup o' sleep feels half empty! I also must credit Rema from The Burgundy Book for being my bold lip muse. She always manages to look simply smashing in mascara and kapow lip color!
1. Foundation: For me, a solid canvas it the start I crave to any makeup look. I have a few foundation loves, but this Illamasqua Skin Base Foundation (I wear shade SB 5.5) is a beautiful full-coverage option that feels light and breathable while covering errrthing. It even allows me to comfortably skip concealer!
2. Bronzer: I get quite pale in the winter and really need a bronzer to bring some life back to my face. I adore Too Faced's Chocolate Soliel Bronzer because it's sparkle-free and gives me believable color. Oh and it smells like chocolate due to the cocoa powder in the product. There's nothing like calorie-free choco-mania in the morning.
3. Blush: Being a blushaholic at heart, I certainly couldn't skip what I feel is one of the most important items that take me from looking zombie-like to alive and well. I picked Tarte's Exposed, a gorgeous tawny pink, because it matches anything you throw at it and is flattering across the board. This is probably my #1 favorite blush and I have Alison from 10amBeauty to thank for this discovery!
4. Mascara: The easiest way to open up your eyes is with a black mascara. I am very partial to MAC's Zoom Fast Black Lash because it's one of the few mascaras that gives me lashes to write home about. It's a wet formula, which I usually don't get overly thrilled about, but for some reason this one works perfectly to lengtehn my lashes and give me a little bit of volume without any clumps.
5. Lip color: Maybelline's Color Elixir Liquid Lip Balm in Hibiscus Haven is the bright pop of pink needed to take my 5 product face from meh to 'mazing! ;) I really can skip the 4-step eyes with this and still get the polished look I like. I have two Color Elixirs and both are FANTASTIC. Cushiony, gel-like balms with great color payoff that last 5-6 hours. These have exceeded my expectations and are better than their high-end counterparts.
So that's it! Those are my 5 products I'd pick in a pinch (or on a sleep-deprived morning when I'm short on time)!