1. What's the one beauty product you ALWAYS use no matter what?
BLUSH. I may not be wearing mascara (hell, I may not even be wearing foundation) but blush? Always! Some people feel naked without lipstick or mascara but for me, it's blush. I just think it's the easiest way to look alive and well. :)
2. High end mascaras? Or drugstore mascaras?
Gotta be honest, neither type leaves me with Kardashian lashes (Karlashians, if you will) but I've found good formulas from both. I forgot how great L'Oreal Voluminous is until I picked it up again recently.
3. Lipstick? Or lip gloss? Or lip balm? Which do you prefer or wear the most?
I like a good non-sticky gloss and comfortable, non-drying lipsticks, but I will always be a balm girl at heart!
4. What's the one makeup brand that you love everything they make, and could use for the rest of your life - shunning all others?
That's a hard question! Every brand I love has a few things they do really well, and other things I don't think are as amazing as other brands. After some thought, I still can't say just one! I think I'd throw NARS, Urban Decay, Revlon, Illamasqua, and MAC in a hat and draw one out at random.
5. Who's your favourite character in the Lord Of The Rings Trilogy?
Eowyn! I love badass ladies.
6. How would you describe your beauty style?
Fun! Some days I do neutrals, some days I do purple glitter. Either way, I have fun. I love sitting down at my makeup table with a blank canvas and endless possibilities.
7. Do you follow makeup trends?
I'm usually open to trying new things if I like the look of it.
8. Do you like coloured mascara? Or not?
Yes! I have a couple and I think they're super fun. I remember discovering the Royal Blue Maybelline Great Lash in high school and feeling like it was the coolest thing ever! I'm totally using it tomorrow.
9. Cake? Or pie? Or what's your favourite dessert?
Cake! I also love everything offered at Dairy Queen. Mmm...dipped cones...Turtle Blizzards...chocolate malts...Mr. Misty Cherry Floats...
10. Which do you prefer? Liquid eyeliner or pencils?
Pencil. Years ago I was an ace with liquid liner, but I've lost my feelings of "I got this" entirely. I used one about 2 months ago and was a little too delighted with myself for being able to get it on my eyelid without the tell-tale "waiver marks" in the line. I also love using eye shadows as liners; I think that's the easiest method for me!
11. Do you use a bronzer? Every day or not at all? Which one is your favourite?
I do use bronzer a lot, but not every day. I'm still looking for my HG! I want a matte bronzer that's not too orange, so I bought some Revlon Nearly Naked powder for someone with skin about 3 shades darker than mine. We'll see if it works out! :)
Thank you for tagging me, Tracy! I'm always up for a survey! Now I'm supposed to come up with 11 questions and tag some bloggers to participate.
1. If you could only wear one eye shadow color for the next year, what would it be?
2. What was your favorite style or beauty-related blog post you've seen this year?
3. Whats your favorite holiday?
4. How many lip products do you have in your purse right now? (This question was inspired by my mom who had no less than 9 lipsticks in her purse yesterday!)
5. Do you pay attention to Pantone's Color of the Year and try to incorporate it into your makeup?
6. What's your go-to every day lipstick or lip gloss?
7. How does the climate where you live affect your skincare routine?
8. What was your last beauty purchase?
9. What was the last product you tried that surprised you?
10. Which TV character's closet would you love to raid?
11. What's your favorite pedicure nail polish color?
I'm tagging the following fabulous beauty bloggers to participate on their blogs (if they want to, of course!), but this little survey is open to anyone who wants to answer some fun questions and reveal a little bit about themselves!
Alison M. @ 10am Beauty
Andrea Marie @ From Inside My Closet
Emily @ Emalitsa
Jasmine @ The Makeup File
Krisi @ Synthetix Blog
Melissa @ Kiss & Make-up
Michelle @ Lipstick Rules
Sunny @ Mostly Sunny
thesillylilacs @ The Secret Life of a Pharmacy Student
Tracy @ Beauty Reflections